Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm a lucky guy

For the past sixteen plus years, I've been fortunate to have an interesting and rewarding job as County Extension Education Director in Des Moines County. In those sixteen plus years, I've worked with many wonderful people: community leaders, volunteers, elected officials and fellow Extension staff. I've been especially blessed over the years to have what is undoubtedly the finest staff in the state. All of them are highly motivated people who put their hearts into their work. They're so good that they allowed me to live my management philosophy: "I don't hire people who need management!"

Last night, with the support of our wonderful Extension Council, my staff hosted a super going-away party for me. I was humbled by all the wonderful people who came to say good-bye...people with whom I've worked during my career in Des Moines County. Thank you to all who came and especially to my great staff, who worked so hard to make it an evening to remember.