Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 13

Today Linda was still not feeling up to par and elected to stay in bed for most of the day. However, since we were almost out of groceries, I elected to go into La Antigua for supplies.

I took a chicken bus into town and got the groceries we needed at Bodegona. Since it was lunch, I decided to have lunch at Pollo Campero and pick up a take-out order for Linda, since her appetite had returned. I had intended on taking a tuk-tuk back to the apartment to save time, but Alameda Santa Lucia was jam packed with traffic and nothing was moving.

Knowing that the chicken buses used back streets to get out of town, I found one heading for Alotenango and soon was on my way. Surprisingly, Linda's lunch was still somewhat warm when I returned to the apartment.

Fortunately, Linda was feeling better when it was time to leave for dinner. Our landlords, Art and Rosa, had invited us to dinner at the home they're renting in La Antigua. If you remember, they lived at their bed and breakfast (next to our apartment), but had rented it to a family with ten children (8 boys and 2 girls) as a home. The dinner Rosa prepared was delightful. We enjoyed the conversation also, as it gave us new insight into the life of an expat. Following dinner, Art graciously took us back to our apartment.