Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 20

Slept in. Linda came down with a stomach problem (sounds like classic Montezuma's Revenge) and decided to stay in bed (as much as is possible with those symptoms).

Dropped off laundry at lavandaria, picked up groceries at Dispensa Familiar, got cash at an ATM across from Parque Central, returned to the guest house.

After putting away the groceries, headed down to the market on the corner to pick up some fruit and vegetables.

Returned to the guest house to have a light lunch. Linda was ready for something bland, so I boiled some potatoes for her.

After lunch, I worked on the computer and tried to bring my blog up to date. Fortunately, when I have been without adequate Internet service, I've been keeping my blog text in a file, so that I can upload it when I have better access. The hard thing to do, with the quality of the Internet service I've encountered, is upload the photos to the blog entires.

Around 4:00 p.m., just as I was getting ready to go pick up our laundry, we had a mild earthquake. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, it was rated at 5.3 Richter scale with IV intensity - light shaking and no damage. Guatemala is certainly a rockin' place.

With Linda under the weather, I fixed scrambled eggs for supper. After doing the dishes, I returned to work on my blog. I'm finally catching up. I'm only a week behind now.